TFC Rated K
Do you love human interest and/or lifestyle feature stories? Then you'll surely get hooked on the ABS-CBN TV show “Rated K”! The show is telecast on the TFC Channel, and you can find it in your TFC subscription, under the “Current Affairs” and “News” categories. Look for TFC Rated K, which is accessible with most of our TFC Packages. You can then view the multi-awarded show either on-demand or live. Click here for detailed information about each of our different TFC Packages.
You can access and watch “Rated K” at any time of your convenience with your TFC Video on Demand!
Genre: Current Affairs, News
About Rated K and Korina Sanchez
“Rated K” currently airs on the Filipino TV channel ABS-CBN, and you can also watch it across the globe through your TFC subscription. Korina Maria Sanchez-Roxas, better known professionally as Korina Sanchez, hosts the multi-awarded show. She herself is also multi-titled; Korina is a Hong Kong-born Filipina broadcast journalist, newspaper columnist, radio anchor, senior field correspondent, and television news anchor. And because “Rated K” is often described as a magazine show, Korina is therefore also a magazine show host, and a very good one at that!
Multiple Roles, Multiple Media
Also, Korina concurrently serves as the Chief Correspondent for ABS-CBN's Integrated News and Current Affairs Division. The ABS-CBN Corporation delivers its news content on AM Radio via DZMM, on TV through Channel 2, and on Cable TV by way of ANC or the ABS-CBN News Channel.
Likewise, Korina also writes an English-language column called “That Does It” for The Philippine Star national newspaper, and she also has a column called “K Ka Lang” in Star’s Tagalog/Filipino sister newspaper, Pilipino Star Ngayon.
Korina and Mar Roxas
Additionally, Korina happens to be the wife of Manuel Araneta Roxas II, better known as “Mar” Roxas. He is a Filipino politician, the grandson of former Philippine President Manuel Roxas and the son of former Senator Gerry Roxas. Manuel served in the Philippine Cabinet from 2012 to 2015 as the Secretary of the Interior and Local Government. Prior to that, he also worked in the Philippine Cabinet from 2011 to 2012 as the Secretary of Transportation and Communications. Also, Mar became a Senator from 2004 to 2010, and he became the Secretary of Trade and Industry from 2000 to 2003.
Origins of “Rated K”
As for “Rated K”, the show traces its origins to a DZMM radio show entitled “Rated Korina”, which of course Korina Sanchez anchored between 2012 and 2014. But in 2014, Korina had to pursue her Masters at the Ateneo de Manila University. Consequently, “Sakto”, hosted by Marc Logan and Amy Perez, replaced “Rated Korina”. Subsequently, Korina's efforts at the Ateneo de Manila University paid off, as she earned her Master's Degree in Journalism on June 26, 2016.
Also, between 1996 to 2001, Korina hosted an ABS-CBN news and current affairs TV magazine show called “Balitang K”. It was the forerunner of today’s “Rated K”, both of them similar in style and presentation. They both proffered human-interest feature stories, which resulted in must-see episodes, and in both shows, Korina seeks out various people from different persuasions and all walks of life. She uses her very own refreshing style of broadcast journalism as she pieces together their individual stories, presenting an engaging Gestalt.
Awards, Citations, & Nominations
Over the years, “Rated K” and Korina have accumulated an impressive haul of awards/citations and nominations, which included:
- For “Best Magazine Program” at the 2nd (2008) and 7th (2013) UPLB Gandingan Awards
- And “Best Magazine Program Host” at the 7th UPLB Gandingan Awards (2013)
- The “Student’s Choice of Magazine Program” at the 5th USTv Students Choice Awards (2009)
- And “Students' Choice Catholic Feature” (“Sinakulo”) at the 9th USTv Students Choice Awards (2014)
- For “Best Magazine Show” at the Gawad Tanglaw for TV Awards (2009)
- Also, “Best Magazine Show” at the Gawad Tanglaw Awards (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Likewise, “Best Magazine Show Host” at the Gawad Tanglaw (2011)
- Additionally, “Best Magazine Show Hall of Fame (TV)” at the Gawad Tanglaw Awards (2014)
- For “Best Magazine Program” at the PMPC Star Awards for TV (2005-08, 2011, 2015-16)
- And “Best Magazine Program Host” at the PMPC Star Awards for TV (2005-08, 2011, 2015, 2017)
- Also, nominations for “Best Magazine Program” at the PMPC Star Awards for TV (2009-10, 2012-14)
- Likewise, nominations for “Best Magazine Program Host” at the PMPC Star Awards for TV (2009-10, 2012-14)
- Additionally, “Best Magazine Show” and “Best Magazine Show Host” at the KBP Golden Dove Awards (2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013)
- And “Best Magazine Show and Show Host” at the 1st MITV Gawad Kamalayan Awards
- Winner of the Catholic Mass Media Awards (2006, 2008, 2010)
- Lastly, Hall of Fame Enshrinement at the Catholic Mass Media Awards (2011)